The University of Mysore is a prestigious state university of Karnataka, which is fully funded by the government. Established by Maharaja Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV in 1916, it is the oldest university in Karnataka and the sixth oldest in India. It was in 1956 the University Grants Commission recognised it as an autonomous institution. The main campus of the university is situated in Manasagangotri suburb of Mysore city and also operates satellite campuses in Mandya, Hassan and Chamarajanagar.
Affiliated with the Association of Indian Universities, the institution is recognised as an A-Grade institution of higher education by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council. Around 187 colleges across the state are affiliated to this university. University of Mysore offers 72 programmes at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate levels in various disciplines of arts, commerce, science, engineering, law and education. It also extends a range of diploma and certificate courses in all streams.
University of Mysore has set up eligibility criteria for various programmes. Those applicants who meet eligibility criteria can fill the application form online, which is available on official university website. While admission to majority of the programmes is merit-based, applicants of several programmes need to take a written entrance test conducted by the specific department of university. The applicants who have passed class 12th from a recognised board can apply for the undergraduate programmes.
Those seeking admission in various postgraduate degree and diploma courses should hold a graduate degree with a minimum aggregate of 45%. Recipients belonging to SC or ST category need 40% marks in undergraduate degree and class 12th to be eligible for applying for the admission. Candidates with a valid NATA score are eligible for architecture programmes and are exempted from university entrance exam. Admission to MBA, MCA and MTech is granted based on the ranks secured by candidates in Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA).
Students are eligible for various scholarships awarded by the state and central government. Other than this, the university offers a range of scholarships to its meritorious, skilled and financially weak students under the categories mentioned below:
- University offers Subject Scholarships to students as per their performance in specific subjects
- It offers Sports Scholarships to national and state-level players
- Candidates belonging to Christian, Muslim, Jain, Sikh or other minority groups are eligible for Minority Scholarships
- Single Girl Child Scholarships are awarded to the female candidates who are single child of their guardians
- University grants Special Scholarships for the wards and descendants of defence personnel and political sufferers and persons with physical disabilities
- Endowment Scholarships are available for students based on the criteria of economic background. They can also avail the benefit of free studentships
|Also Known As
|Go to website…
|University Entrance Exam
|M.Sc. , MBA/PGDM
|769 courses across 17 streams
Hello, Everyone My Name Thilagar And I Am A Website Developer And Blogger We are here to provide update on daily basis about Indian Government Jobs in various sectors, We provide all this information as User-Friendly Content to job Seekers.