The TNEA 2020 Online Application Form Registration Anna University conducts Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) for undergraduate admissions in engineering and technology programs in the colleges of Tamil Nadu. The admission is based on the candidates 10+2 marks and the counselling organised by the university.
Latest: TNEA Application form has been released by Directorate of Technical Education, Tamil Nadu on July 15, 2020.
- The official notification regarding Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission was supposed to be released in the month of April 2020.
- With the release of official notification, The Application form filling process has commenced.
- Candidates willing apply for TNEA must go through the Eligibility criteria laid down by the authority.
|Counselling Name||Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA)|
|Conducting Body||Anna University, Chennai|
|Counselling Type||State Level Counselling|
|Eligibility Criteria||Qualifying 10+2 Board Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Admission||Based on the Rank achieved in Counselling|
|Contact Numbers||044-2235 8044 044 22358-45044-2235 8065 044 22358-66044-2235 8067 044 22358-68|
TNEA 2020 Dates
Although Anna University does not conduct any admission test for TNEA, candidates must know all the important dates related to TNEA. The important dates for TNEA 2020 are listed in the table below:
|Announcement of official notification||July 15, 2020|
|Availability of online application form||July 15, 2020|
|Last date of submitting the application form||August 16, 2020|
|Random Number Generation||August 21, 2020|
|Verification of Certificates||August 24 – September 01, 2020|
|Publication date of merit/rank list||September 7, 2020|
|Counselling for Differently Abled Candidates||September 10 – 14, 2020|
|Online Counselling for Academic Stream||September 17 – October 06|
|End Date of Counselling||October 08 – 12, 2020|
TNEA 2020 Nativity
Candidates belonging to the native state of Tamil Nadu have to take care of the instructions given below while applying for TNEA 2020.
- Applicants who have passed 10+2 Std. in Tamil Nadu can apply for TNEA. They need not include Nativity Certification.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 Std. Or their equivalent from educational organisations located outside Tamil Nadu can also apply. They must include a duplicate copy of Nativity Certificate only in the form of a soft copy/ digitally signed e-Certificate.
- Son or Daughters of Central Government Employees may also apply for admission, irrespective of their local, provided their mother and father or parents (only if both parents are not alive) have been employed in Tamil Nadu consistently for the past 5 years, supported by attaching certificates from the company of parents or guardian to that impact.
- Wards of All Indian Service Tamil Nadu cadre authorities are eligible to apply for the admissions.
- Wards of employees in the Public Sector or Government recognised Institution in Tamil Nadu working continuously for the past five years can also apply. They don’t need to submit domicile certificate for it. A certificate from the company has to be submitted along with the application stating that the individual is a permanent member of the company with proof like Income Tax Return, PF slips, etc. for past five years.
- Other state applicants who have passed 12th Std. in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply. They don’t need to include “Nativity Certificate”.
Srilankan Tamil Refugees
All the candidates who are Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee recognised in Tamil Nadu will be regarded under open competition. They have to submit the following:
- Recognition Certification from the Go Areas Tahsildar.
- Those who have not listed in the refugee camping should submit a duplicate of passport, visa and letter registered with the police station.
TNEA 2020 Eligibility
Before filling the TNEA 2020 application form candidates should check if they fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria or not.
- Candidates who belong to the state of Tamil Nadu and have completed their 10+2 from the state of Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply for TNEA 2020.
- Those who do not belong to the state of Tamil Nadu, but have completed their 10+2 education from the state of Tamil Nadu can also apply.
- Candidates who belong to the state of Tamil Nadu, but have completed their 10+2 education from another state are also eligible; they need to submit a nativity certificate to the conducting authority.
- Candidates who are the children of employees working for the central government can also apply for TNEA 2020. However, they need to show the nativity certificate of their parents or guardians who have been serving the state of Tamil Nadu continuously from the last five years.
- Son and daughter of All India Service Tamil Nadu Cadre officers are also eligible for TNEA 2020.
- Candidates must have passed their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are compulsory subjects in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% marks (General category), 45% marks (OBC category) and 40% marks (SC, ST, SCA, MBC, DNC category) in PCM.
- The minimum age of the candidates should be 18 years.
- The maximum age of applicants should be 25 years.
- As per the rules of Anna University, age relaxation provision is present for the reserved category.
Candidates who satisfy all the eligibility conditions must proceed to fill the application form. It is essential for candidates to know all the eligibility conditions before applying for TNEA 2020.
TNEA 2020 Application Form
TNEA 2020 Application Form are available from July 15, 2020. The detailed steps to fill and submit the TNEA 2020 Application are as follows:
- Visit the official website for tneaonline.org
- Click on the “Online Registration” link.
- Candidates need to register themselves by creating a login ID and password through OTP verification. Candidates must ensure that the email ID and mobile number they are submitting are active and valid so that the university can communicate them.
- After successful registration, candidates can log in easily with their username and password.
- Candidates have to fill the personal details that are asked in the application form.
- Similarly, fill the academic details in the application form.
- After filling the application form online, candidates must verify all the details given by them in the form by using the preview button.
- Candidates must take a printout of the filled application form.
Application Fee Payment
- If candidates choose the online mode to pay the fee, they will have to pay INR 500 (general category) and INR 250 (reserved category). Also Check TNEA 2020 Reservation
- Candidates can make the payment through credit card/debit card/net banking.
Interested and eligible candidates must ensure that they provide the duly filled application form on time. Every year, lakhs of engineering aspirants apply for TNEA 2020 to get admission into the reputed engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu.
TNEA 2020 Admission Process
Previously, an examination was conducted for TNEA by Anna University to offer admission to the deserving candidates. However, since the last few years, no entrance examination is conducted for TNEA. The admission pattern for TNEA 2020 is very simple. The steps are listed below:
- Interested and eligible candidates need to register themselves and submit their application form.
- The university itself scrutinizes the application forms.
- The university publishes a merit/rank list after studying all the application forms.
- Selected candidates are called for counselling by the university. They need to download their counselling call letter from the official website for TNEA 2020.
- Through single window counselling, candidates are offered admission to the various engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu.
Candidates who score well in their XII board examination have higher chances of getting admission in a right college through TNEA 2020.
TNEA 2020 Counselling
The university will publish the TNEA 2020 Rank/Merit List in the third week of June. The authority creates the rank list based on the percentage that candidates have scored in 10+2 examination.
- The online counselling procedure will start in the 1st week of July 2020.
- During the counselling process, colleges were allotted to the candidates.
- Candidates were required to pay the initial deposit of INR 5000 (general category) and INR 1000 (SC/ST/SCA category) as the counselling fee.
- They can make the payment in cash or DD.
Given below is the order in which TNEA 2020 Counselling takes place:
Step 1: Registration- The candidate needs to register themselves for the counselling process.
Step 2: Application Scrutiny- Here, the eligible candidates are selected out of non-eligible ones. After critical examining, a random number of TNEA was allotted to all the candidates moving ahead in the admission procedure.
Step 3: Rank List Publication- Candidates will receive the ranks based on the merit through the rank list.
Step 4: Call Letter Availability- Selected candidates have to download the counselling call letter.
Step 5: Single Window Counselling- Candidates have to go for single-window counselling on the prescribed date, time and venue.
Documents Required During Counselling
Candidates need to show their original documents during counselling for verification. The documents that are required during the process of counselling are as follows:
- Class 10th and class 12th Certificate and Mark sheet
- Identity proof
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate
- Counselling call letter
- Six passport size photographs
Choice Filling: Candidates have to fill the college choices from the given institutions for B.Tech programs in order of their priority.
Seat allotment: Based on merit, reservation and choice filling, the candidates are allotted seats. After this, the candidates must collect the allotment order. After verifying the allotted college, aspirants have to report to the college and get enrolled before the last date.
TNEA 2020 Cutoff
Cut off marks are the minimum marks that candidates need to obtain for getting admission in top colleges through TNEA 2020. Anna University releases TNEA Cutoff Marks once the application process is completed. The university publishes the cut off marks in the online mode. It will depend upon several factors such as availability of seats, the number of candidates applied, 10+2 performance of candidates, etc.
Cut-off trends don’t fluctuate too much. With the minor difference between the year by year trend, one can calculate the expected cut-off of the desired year.
Given below are the expected cut-off marks (opening and closing) for the year 2020 based on previous year data. Candidates can refer these cut-offs to calculate their fate in the participating colleges of TNEA roughly
|S.No||B.Tech Programs||Opening cut-off Marks||Closing Cut-off Marks|
|4.||Computer Science Engineering||75||200|
|5.||Electrical & Electronics Engineering||80.5||195.50|
|6.||Electronics & Communication Engineering||87.25||198|
TNEA 2020 Reservation for Sports Quota
|Motor Sports||Atya Patya|
|Sailing||Billiards and Snooker|
|Sepak Takraw||Body Building|
|Squash Rackets||Cycle Polo|
The sports quota enhances the weightage of sports eminence of the candidates based on achievement in the sports at State, National or International level. Reservation for sports Quota has been increased from 100 to 500.
Given below is the list of sports considered by TNEA 2020 Reservation for Sports Quota
Hello, Everyone My Name Thilagar And I Am A Website Developer And Blogger We are here to provide update on daily basis about Indian Government Jobs in various sectors, We provide all this information as User-Friendly Content to job Seekers.