TN NEET counselling 2020-21 is expected to begin from the second week of November. The Tamil Nadu NEET 2020 counselling will be conducted separately for government and management/NRI quota seats. Tamil Nadu NEET counselling 2020 will be conducted in offline mode. Tamil Nadu NEET 2020 counselling will be conducted by the Selection Committee, Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Chennai.
The counselling for MBBS/BDS courses offered by the medical colleges in Tamil Nadu will be done on the basis of NEET 2020 scores. To participate in the counselling process, a candidate must qualify the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). Tamil Nadu NEET counselling 2020 will be conducted for admission to MBBS/BDS degree courses offered by:
- Tamil Nadu Government medical and dental colleges, including I.R.T. Medical College, Perundurai, Erode District
- Government seats in self-financing medical colleges affiliated to Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University/Rajah Muthiah Medical and Dental colleges affiliated to Annamalai University, Chidambaram
- ESIC Medical College
- PGIMSR, K.K.Nagar, Chennai
Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2020 Dates
|Release of application form||November 3, 2020|
|Last date to register||November 12, 2020, up to 5:00 P.M.|
|Tentative date of declaration of Rank list||November 16, 2020|
|First round of counselling||To be announced|
|Commencement of courses||December 15, 2020|
|Closure of TN MBBS admission||December 31, 2020|
*Tentative dates, subject to change.
Tamil Nadu NEET 2020 Counselling Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must be a citizen of India
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) registered under Section 7A of the Citizenship Act can also apply for Tamil Nadu NEET counselling 2020. OCI candidates, however, will be treated as General candidates and will not be eligible to claim reservation under any other category.
- Candidates must qualify NEET 2020
- They must be a native of Tamil Nadu
- A candidate who has passed Class 6 to Class 12 from any other state, but is a native of Tamil Nadu, must produce the following documents of their parents:
- Birth certificate
- Ration card
- School leaving certificate/Class 10 passing certificate/Class 12 passing certificate/degree/diploma/professional course/no graduation certificate
Tamil Nadu NEET 2020 Counselling Process
Admission process for the medical and dental colleges in Tamil Nadu state will begin with the registration process. All the candidates who have cleared NEET 2020 can register for the TN NEET counselling 2020. The next step will be submitting the choices for the desired course/college. Based on the preferences submitted online, seats will be allotted to the deserving candidates. The steps of Tamil Nadu NEET counselling 2020 have been elaborated here.
To enrol oneself for the counselling of Tamil Nadu NEET 2020, a candidate must fill the application form. The application form of Tamil Nadu NEET counselling 2020 will be available online. A candidate must fill the application form online and take a printout. He/she must then courier a copy of the filled application form along with the required documents to the following address:
162, Periyar E.V.R High Road,
Unable to access the online application form?
The application form for Tamil Nadu NEET counselling 2020 can also be filled at an e-seva Kendra. A candidate who is unable to access the online application form of Tamil Nadu NEET 2020 counselling must report to the nearest e-seva Kendra along with all the necessary documents. He/she must be accompanied by a parent and should visit the e-seva Kendra between 10 am to 5 pm, on a working day.
- To complete the registration process and submit the application form for Tamil Nadu NEET counselling 2020, a candidate must pay a non-refundable registration fee of Rs 500 (all categories)
- Special Category (children of ex-servicemen, eminent sports person and persons with benchmark disabilities) have to pay an additional amount of Rs 100
- The registration fee can be paid online or through a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10” payable at Chennai
DME will prepare the rank list of the candidates who had completed the registration process for the counselling of Tamil Nadu NEET 2020. This list will be prepared based on the marks obtained by the candidate in NEET 2020. DME will upload the Tamil Nadu NEET 2020 rank list on its official website.
DME will release the date sheet and cut off for the first round of Tamil Nadu counselling 2020 on its official website. Candidates who qualify as per the cut off will have to report to the counselling venue on the designated date and time. Such candidates must download their call letters from the official website of DME. Apart from the call letter, candidates need to carry the documents enlisted below to the counselling venue.
Documents required during the Tamil Nadu NEET 2020 counselling
- NEET 2020 result/scorecard
- NEET 2020 admit card
- Class 10 marksheet
- Class 11 marksheet
- Marksheet of Class 12 or equivalent
- Bonafide certificate stating that the student has passed Class 6 to Class 12 from a school in Tamil Nadu
- Transfer certificate from the school last studied (or) bonafide certificate should be produced from where the candidate is undergoing the course at present.
- Nativity certificate (candidate is a native of Tamil Nadu but has passed Class 6 to Class 12 from an institute outside Tamil Nadu)
- Aadhar Card
- Community Certificate (if applicable)
- Ration card/Passport
Document of parents:
- Transfer certificate/ SSLC/Class 10/Class 12 Mark Sheet /first graduate certificate/no graduate certificate
- Community certificate
- Income certificate (If applicable)
Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2020,Seat Intake
Tamil Nadu MBBS: Seat Intake
|Name of the institute||Total seat intake|
|Chennai Medical College(SRM), Trichy (Management)||150|
|Karpaga Vinayaka Institute Of Medical Sciences, Chinnakolambakkam, Kancheepuram (Management)||100|
|Tagore Medical College & Hospital, Chennai (Management)||150|
|Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Medical College & Hospital, Perambalur (Management)||150|
|Karpaga Vinayaka Institute Of Dental Sciences, Chinnakolambakkam, Kanchipuram (Management)||100|
|Sri Moogambigai Institute Of Medical Science, Kulasekaram (Management)||100|
|Velammal Medical College Hospital, Madurai (Management)||150|
|Annapoorna Medical College, Salem (Management)||150|
|Tiruvannamalai Medical College, Tiruvannamalai (Government)||100|
|Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College, Salem (Government)||100|
|Sivagangai Medical College, Sivagangai (Government)||100|
|Madras Medical College, Chennai (Government)||250|
|Govt. Medical College, Omandurar Estate, Chennai (Government)||100|
|Kanyakumari Medical College, Kanyakumari (Government)||100|
|Madurai Medical College, Madurai (Government)||150|
|Coimbatore Medical College, Coimbatore (Government)||150|
|Chengalpattu Medical College, Chengalpattu (Government)||100|
Tamil Nadu BDS: Seat Intake
|Name of the institute||Total seat intake|
|Karpaga Vinayaka Institute Of Medical Sciences, Kancheepuram (Management)||100|
|Sri Ramakrishna Dental College, Coimbatore (Management)||100|
|CSI College Of Dental Science & Research, Madurai (Management)||100|
|Sree Mookambika Institute Of Dental Sciences, Kanniyakumari (Management)||60|
|Best Dental College, Madurai (Management)||100|
|Karpaga Vinayaka Institute Of Dental Sciences, Kanchipuram (Management)||100|
|Rajas Dental College & Hospital, Tirunelveli (Management)||100|
|JKK Natarajah Dental College, Kumarapalayam (Management)||100|
|Sri Moogambigai Institute Of Medical Science, Kulasekaram (Management)||60|
|Ragas Dental College, Chennai (Management)||100|
|Tamil Nadu Government Dental College & Hospital (Government)||100|
Tamil Nadu NEET 2020 Counselling, Fee Structure
The fee structure of the college that a candidate desires to apply for plays a crucial role during the choice filling process. The fee structure for self-financing medical and dental colleges will be fixed by the Fee Committee, Government of Tamil Nadu. The tuition fee for the allotted candidates should be paid by means of demand draft drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Directorate of Medical Education, Kilpauk, Chennai-10” payable at Chennai.
Tuition Fee for Medical/Dental Colleges in Tamil Nadu
|Type/Name of the Institution||Particulars||Fee Per Annum (in Rs)|
|Government Medical College||Tuition fee||4,000|
|Government Dental College||Tuition fee||2,000|
|IRT Medical College, Pedurai||3.85 lakh|
|ESIC Medical College and PGIMSR||1 lakh|
|Tagore Medical College and Hospital||3.85 lakh|
|Karpagam Faculty of Medical Sciences & Research||3.55 lakh|
|PSG Institute of Medical Sciences & Research||4 lakh|
|Karpaga Vinayaga Medical College||3.85 lakh|
|Melmaruvathur Adhiparasakthi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research||3.6 lakh|
|Sri Mookambikai Institute of Medical Sciences||3.9 lakh|
|Velammal Medical College Hospital & Research Institute||3.9 lakh|
|Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Medical College||4 lakh|
|Trichy SRM Medical College Hospital & Research Centre||3.85 lakh|
|Rajah Muthiah Medical College||5.54 lakh|
|All Self Financing Dental Colleges||2.5 lakh|
|Rajah Muthiah Dental College||3.5 lakh|
is the fees for MBBS course in a government college of Tamil Nadu?
Ans. The average annual course fee for MBBS in a government college of Tamil Nadu is around Rs 13,000.
is the fees for BDS course in a government college of Tamil Nadu?
A. The average annual course fee for BDS in a government college of Tamil Nadu is around Rs 11,000.
is the official website for Tamil Nadu NEET counselling ?
A. The official website for Tamil Nadu MBBS counselling 2020 is (www.tnmedicalselection.net)
Q. How many government seats are being offered through Tamil Nadu NEET counselling 2020?
A. Nearly 1,200 government seats will be offered through the Tamil Nadu MBBS counselling 2020.
Hello, Everyone My Name Thilagar And I Am A Website Developer And Blogger We are here to provide update on daily basis about Indian Government Jobs in various sectors, We provide all this information as User-Friendly Content to job Seekers.