The Gujarat National Law University is one of the NLUs established by the Government of India. It is a public law school which was established under the GNLU Act 2003. The University offers UG programme under five streams, PG programmes over 10 specialisations and PhD programme in Law and Interdisciplinary.
The University holds a great faculty-student ratio of 1:19. 79% of faculty members in the University hold a PhD degree and the average age of faculty members is 38 years. Every year, the University submits approximately 1,000 students and out of them, 44% are women students.
Every year, the University spends approximately Rs 2 crore in providing scholarships/ financial assistance to its students. Except for degree programmes, the University offers nine different chair/ fellowship programmes in the field of law. The University runs a student exchange programme with more than 30 top-notch foreign universities. Some of the collaborated universities are the University of Cologne Germany, University of Barcelona, World Trade Institute Switzerland, Osaka University and many more.
|Year of establishment||2003|
|Also known as||GNLU|
|Approved by||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Mode of education||Full-time, Online|
|Number of courses offered||10|
|Total number of seats||60 (LLM)|
|Accepted entrance exam||CLAT|
|Average salary offered||Rs 15 LPA|
GNLU Admission Process
GNLU admission begins in the month of May. Admissions are conducted online through the official website of the University.
- For UG and LLM admissions, the University accepts CLAT exam. Candidates will be shortlisted based on the performance in CLAT exam.
- MBA admissions are done on merit-basis. Candidates will be shortlisted based on the marks obtained in bachelor’s degree.
- The University accepts UGC NET/ JRF/ SLET for PhD admissions. Candidates will be selected based on the scores obtained in any of the entrance exams.
- Admission to Diploma and PG Diploma programmes is done on merit-basis. For Diploma programme, candidates will be shortlisted based on HSC scores. For PG Diploma programme, candidates will be selected based on UG scores.
The University offers 10+ UG, PG, Diploma and PG Diploma programmes under various specialisations. Some of the top courses along with the eligibility criteria is given in the table below:
|Course||Eligibility Criteria||Fee (in Rs lakh)|
|BA LLB (Hons)||Qualifying Exam: CLAT Class 12 or its equivalent with at least 45% aggregate||11.05|
|BBA LLB (Hons)||9.80|
|BCom LLB (Hons)||9.80|
|LLM – Corporate and Business Law – Intellectual Property Law – International Comparative Law||Qualifying Exam: CLAT LLB or its equivalent degree from a recognised university with an aggregate of 55%*||1.64|
|MBA (Financial Management and Business Laws)||Bachelor’s degree in the relevant stream with at least 55% aggregate*||3.56|
*Relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks will be given to SC/ ST category candidates
The University offers placement for all UG and PG courses. In 2017, the university had placed only 15 students on Day Zero, whereas, in 2019 the number has increased to 22. Similarly, in previous years, the number of PPOs has also increased. In 2019, a total of 19 PPOs were made whereas, in 2017, only 15 PPOs were available.
- In 2019, 49 students got placed during campus placement
- 19 PPOs and 22 job offers were accepted on Day Zero of placement
- Maximum hiring was done by Trilegal with 15 hires
- Average salary package offered by Law Firms was Rs 15 LPA
GNLU offers more than 10 scholarships under various government schemes. The University offers scholarships on merit and needs basis. Some of the top scholarships offered by the university are mentioned below:
- Scholarship for student exchange programs: This scholarship is offered to students who want to pursue higher studies under the student exchange program. The maximum amount of scholarships is Rs 1.50 Lakh.
- Scholarship for international internships: Candidates who want to pursue internships at international companies can apply for this scholarship, through the official website of GNLU. Students can get a maximum scholarship of up to Rs 1 Lakh.
- GNLU best research award scholarships: Candidates from UG and PG programmes are awarded by this scholarship. The students will get a relaxation on tuition fee depending upon their performance.
- GNLU scholarship for student participation in national and international events: Candidates who have participated in national or international events are eligible for this scholarship. The maximum amount of scholarship is Rs 25,000.
|Also Known As||GNLU|
|Website||Go to website…|
|Popular Courses||B.Com LL.B , LL.M.|
|Total Courses||21 courses across 2 streams|
Hello, Everyone My Name Thilagar And I Am A Website Developer And Blogger We are here to provide update on daily basis about Indian Government Jobs in various sectors, We provide all this information as User-Friendly Content to job Seekers.